Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Rejext

As you know, I met The Neuroscientist on Monday, who, on paper, should have been the man of my dreams. Unfortunately, in person, he turned out to be a slight man, and in all honesty his sense of humor (while he did have one) was a bit lame. And with John Boy occupying my time (until he left the country yesterday for two weeks) I just didn't know what to do about The Neuroscientist when he requested the pleasure of my company for a second time. Luckily, he asked via email, so I was able to stall until I figured out what to do. During which time I had my first (and certainly not last) make out session with John Boy. Eventually, he shot me a text message asking if I wanted to go hiking the next day, and I couldn't stall anymore. I consulted Scarlet and Grayer, and Scarlet told me I just needed to give him the rejection. (Grayer was too busy with HOG to answer her phone. Hmph.) We also decided that you can reject via the same form of communication as the offer came. But how to word the rejext? (Rejection + text = rejext)

We (Scarlet and I) decided to go the same route as Halpert, when he rejexted me. We told him that I had just started seeing someone (which is essentially true, albeit temporary). The Neuroscientist responded in a few minutes by saying "No worries :) I had fun hanging out with you the other day." That kind of made me feel bad, but not bad enough to change my mind. So does this mean I'm in for some bad dating karma? Because I don't think mine could really get any worse.

2 comments:

Grayer said...

1. I didn't answer my phone because I was out on the water and I don't trust HOG to not tip a canoe.
2. This will not give you bad dating karma. You let him know you weren't interested as to not string him along. You told a tiny white lie to spare his feelings. These are good things!

Violet said...

Whew! Hopefully this means there is good dating karma coming my way.