Thursday, May 21, 2009

Flirting with Disaster?

Grayer is right. Things have been pretty slow here in WWBD? land. Although I do have an inbox full of worthy candidates into the online dating Hall of Shame, and several contacts that went straight down the Road to Nowhere, there has really been nothing to report.

Except for my mounting sexual frustration, made only worse by my increasingly flirtatious encounters with John Boy.

Yes, I know I told him we should just be friends. Yes, I know he's moving in a mere 40 days. And yes, I know that he really, really likes me, and I should therefore cease and desist with the flirting immediately. But not only can I not do that, I don't want to do that. The more we hang out, the more fun I have, and the more I like him. Last night, the flirtations and the sexual tension went up quite a few notches, and yet, nothing happened. Why? Because I told him I wanted to be "just friends" and he is a true southerner, and a good enough guy to respect that, no matter how much he's dying to put the moves on me (and he is). If anything is going to happen, it's going to be up to me to initiate it, and that is not an area in which I excel.

Which means I have no choice but to consume mass quantities of wine the next time I see him. Channeling my inner Bridget...

No comments: