Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Moving on, moving out

I realize I have not contributed to the blog in a while. The truth is, there has been nothing new going on in my life worth reading, trust me. We here at WWBD seem to be in a bit of a slump.

Hanging Out Guy and I have continued down our questionable path. With the Celtics and Bruins losing this past weekend, I expect I may be invited over for more than just watching a playoff game. Not that I mind playoff games, but come on, he backed out of our usual Thursday night lineup (Parks, Office, Rock, does it get better than that?). But change is coming.

This weekend I'll be moving to a neighboring town, 10 minutes away. Not far, but considerably farther than the 3 blocks I live from his house. This move will do one of two things to our "relationship":
  1. Considering I don't see him very often now, I'll see him even less after the move. He won't be able to call me up and come right over. Since he seems to lack the planning gene (like so many of mankind), our get togethers will probably be reduced to going to a bar on the weekend (though staying at his house, walking distance from the bars, would be a plus).
  2. My move may force him to grow up and actually make plans with me (gasp!). And because my new place is totally awesome, he just might want to hang out there. Although we are basically just friends with benefits, having him to hang out with this summer sounds like a lot of fun (btw, what is it about wanting a boy in the summer?).
Only time will tell as I should be moving on Sunday. He has offered to help with the move, lucky for him, because if he hadn't, we wouldn't even be having this conversation (It is a man's moral and genetic duty to help ladies move, remember that).

With or without him, I'll be living on the river with my two best girls, my crazy cat and a dog to terrorize him. This summer's going to SICK!

1 comment:

Violet said...

Yes, there is something about warm weather that makes you want to partner up. I think it's seeing all those other happy couples canoodling out in the open, i.e. at the park, beach etc. that makes you think "I want that!" when you wouldn't normally otherwise. And the Kiss Cam at the baseball stadium doesn't exactly help either.