Friday, January 22, 2010

Fast-forward

Might I just say, I woke up to the most bizarre text this morning. Not exactly on the caliber of Texts from Last Night (my most recent guilty pleasure/obsession) but equally awkward. Sadly, he was not drunk, not kidding and it was sent at 7:30 in the morning!

This may be to forward, but have you showered with anyone and would you consider me? Had a dream about it last night

Are you fucking kidding me? Yes, that is too forward. You've successfully freaked me out. My showering habits are none of your business, especially considering the last time we were alone together you were in love with my best friend. We haven't even hugged. Why are you considering showering with me?

The Prosthetist has been dutifully texting me since he decided on me at Christmas time. He will text me in the morning, he will text me in the middle of the afternoon to see how my day is, or he will try to have a conversation with me via text in the evening. Thank goodness the fam invested in an unlimited texting plan. I know not everyone is a fan of texting, but I'm just hoping this won't turn into phone calls. How awkward!

I admit, I've been bored/lonely so I have actually been responding. Often he's quite normal. However, he keeps talking about coming up to visit me (Here's for hoping this kid has no follow through) and asking what we'll do while he's here. I suggest bowling?! Apparently, he has showering in mind. Boys ruin everything!

4 comments:

Violet said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (pause for deep breath) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Ok, sorry. I'm sure this is very serious, but it's also hilarious. You should seriously post that on TFLN. Seriously!

(I don't have any advice or words of wisdom to give. Sorry.)

Fenella said...

Hysterical. Did you reply?!

Love that TFLN website. Love it.

Grayer said...

Wow. Thanks for all the help... No I did not reply, because what do you say to that?

Fenella said...

Um...you could tell him never to text anything like that to you ever again. Ever. (Although it was amusing for the rest of us.)