Thursday, January 7, 2010

Starting Over

My New Years Eve wasn't nearly as stellar as Violet's. I didn't snog any hot boys or even give out my number. However, going to a bar in my hometown does have some perks...being surrounded by lots of less than classy people is a confidence booster. (Seriously! If I can see your underwear, then your dress is too short!) It did make for some excellent people watching. So I started off the new year with the realization that I need to stop asking myself what is wrong with me and just focus on being happy in the here and now. It's a simple concept but it might take awhile to fully follow this way of thinking. After all, one of my new years resolutions was to be more confident and optimistic.

So I began my week by quiting my job! Hoorah!! I discussed how much my job has weighed me down over the past few years previously, so this shouldn't be that big of a surprise. I was kind of nervous about the actual resigning part, but after handing over the letter to my fuckwit of a boss all I felt was relief! Honestly, I can't remember the last time I feel this carefree.

Next week I'll be starting a graduate program. I'm super excited to be moving on to bigger and better things! With this fresh start, I'm even feeling more positive about eventually dating again. However, after the panic attack I had when I tried to return to the online dating scene, I'm not going to push it. I admit I'm still not completely over the disappointment and hurt of my imaginary relationship. I've come to the conclusion that I should just focus on me right now. Enjoy being a singleton! The other stuff will fall into place later. Maybe there will even be some hot, single guys in my classes...

No comments: