Sunday, January 10, 2010

Rule Breaker!

You know how in Pretty Woman, Julia Roberts has a "no kissing on the lips" rule. I've decided the same kind of rule should be applied to friends with benefits, except in this case, there should be a "no cuddling" rule. Seriously.

If you remember, my last visit with Conrad before Christmas left me smiling and satisfied. I was determined that I had finally figured the Friends with Benefits thing out. Over Christmas we talked via text occasionally but I didn't see him again until this past Friday. We went out for pizza, catching up on our 3 week hiatus and went back to his place to do some drankin'. This intoxication included drunk emailing Violet (We're apparently too classy to drunk text), hooking up, and oh yes, cuddling. I knew I was in trouble. He was being sweet. He was spooning me. He was kissing my forehead. He was breaking the rules!

Of course Conrad and I have never talked about rules, but they should be understood-- Do not be nice to me, it will make me like you! And liking you, Conrad, is not good for me. I left in the morning, determined not to contact him for 2 days (that is the standard for men right?). Around 8 last night he texts me. I was perfectly content working on my crafts, reading, and heading to bed within the next hour. He, however, wanted to take me to the movies. Now we've gone to the movies before, but he never pays! What is going on? While debating whether to try to stay awake for a 10:45 showing, he shows up at my house to surprise me. I live 15 minutes from him, and he hasn't been over in 2 months! WTF?! We didn't end up going to the movies. We just hung out and then he left late.

I don't know where this is going, but it can't be anywhere good. I cannot fall into the trap. He's acting like he used to be in the beginning of our nonrelationship. He is breaking the rules!

2 comments:

Violet said...

I think kisses on the forehead might be worse than the mouth, as there is a sweetness to them that should not come from friends with benefits! Flag on the play!

Fenella said...

Kisses on the forehead?! This is so not friends with benefits behaviour.