Monday, January 25, 2010

Oh crap. It's almost February.

When I get ready for work in the mornings I have the TV on in the background. This morning I thought something was slightly amiss as the majority of commercials were all for CDs. And not just any CDs. Oh no. Love song CDs. Being that it was a Monday morning it took a few seconds for my brain to comprehend the significance of this. But then, it came to me. Oh crap. It's almost February.

This evening I was hunting for a birthday card. Unable to find one I turned to look at the shelf full of fresh notebooks (yes, I love stationery) only to find it replaced by a wall of red, pink and just plain mushy cards. Oh crap. It's almost February.

I was watching Glee tonight. During the commercial break there was an advert for a new film starring pretty much everyone in Hollywood (including Bradley Cooper who in my opinion has been in way too many films of late). The film is called 'Valentine's Day'. Oh crap it's almost February.

5 comments:

Grayer said...

For some reason February is a month that LOOMS. I too noticed it today when walking into Walmart to see the aisles stuffed with pink artificial "Love". But this year is different, Fen. There is no, Oh Crap moment. This year you're celebrating Single's Awareness Day and there's nothing crappy about that!

Violet said...

Yes, we followers of the S.A.D. movement merely roll our eyes at the sight of the commercial crap lining the center aisle at Rite Aid. It's quite liberating, actually. We should all be looking forward to Feb. 13th (yes, I got that right), as a Halloween/New Year's Eve type holiday, ripe with singletons on the prowl for a random hook-up. So turn that Oh Crap into an Oh, Boy!

Scarlet said...

Yes, this is the smug marrieds chance to rub it in our faces but who really wants an ugly teddy bear with a heart anyway? I'd much prefer a bottle of wine or a girls night out!

Mary Tracy9 said...

Oh crap indeed!

Fenella said...

Yay for S.A.D!!