Monday, April 25, 2011

Wedding Blues

Unless you've been living in a cave, you'll be aware that this Friday there is a rather large, rather famous, rather 'I'll be able to tell my grandkids I watched it' wedding occurring. I'm over it.

Actually, I'm so over it I was never really under it. Living in London means ever since the wedding was announced it's all around me. I only cared about it while it was being decided if we get a day off. We do. I no longer care.

It is everywhere. Every single shop, television channel, magazine, restaurant and tacky souvenir stand features the wedding in someway. You can buy tea towels, mugs, even shopping bags. Why would anyone want a shopping bag exactly?

I'm not jealous. I'm not upset that the prince didn't pick me (although, Princess Fen has an excellent ring to it). I'm just done with the fuss, I'm done with every time I turn on the tv seeing something about it and I'm done with the shopping bags. I've seen people with them, using them. Honest.

I hear it's big news in the US and I honestly hope you all enjoy it and they keep the palace lit up past midnight or whatever the discussion / argument is going on at the moment. Just because I'm a Grinch about it doesn't mean I need to spoil others enjoyment over it.

But I refuse to buy any of you shopping bags and send them over. And I'm sorry Vi, I'm not camping out to hold up a sign that says 'Hi Vi!' next to Good Morning America's spot. It ain't gonna happen.

5 comments:

Violet said...

What?! What do you mean you won't go stand behind Robin Roberts and say hello to me through the television?! I would do it for you!

Fenella said...

Who's Robin Roberts?

Grayer said...

Kate Middleton is inspiring other commoners to be hot and rich!
When you don't have a tv over here it's easy not to follow, maybe that's why I'm not sick of it and actually kind of want to watch it.

Jenna said...

I am also sooo over this royal wedding! The movie about how they met on Lifetime was the straw that broke the camels back for me! How annoying!

Fenella said...

Ah yes but the royals are only rich because commoners like me pay taxes in order to keep them in the luxury lifestyle to which they are accustomed. In other royal news, I saw the queen in her car. It was quite exciting. I don't see famous people that often you see.