Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's in the cards

I got a psychic reading last weekend.  Don't judge.  When you see a Groupon for a psychic reading, you should probably buy it.  Obviously.  That's what my friend and I did.  I was oddly nervous as we walked into what could be described as the sketchiest building in downtown Boston.  What if she sees the Grim in my tea leaves and predicts me to be in grave danger?  What if a palm reading confirms my fear that my self inflicted stab wound (four stitches) was in fact, on my marriage line? (whatever that might mean, it can't be good). What if she doesn't see a man in my future, just cats?

It was a Tarot card reading. We first discussed my current job search (yes, I'm looking for a new job for the fall).  According to my psychic, I'm definitely moving west.  Boston is not for me. Nor is California for sure.  She sees me in Colorado (I did actually apply to a place there). If not this fall, next fall.  Good to hear, but enough of that, let's move on to the good stuff.  Love life.

After I pulled three cards on the subject, she looks at me.  "Are you dating someone now?" Far from it.  "Does someone you know want to be dating you?"  Like a secret admirer? I don't think so. Apparently, I will eventually have a relationship with someone I already know.  She could see us together at some sort of gathering surrounding a fire.  She can not see his face but she can feel his presence next to her, and when she tilted her head she could feel her head on his developed shoulder.  Sweet, he'll be taller then me and won't have bony shoulders!  She doesn't know when this will happen, possibly not until next fall, but it will happen just in time for me to move away from him.  She didn't know the extent of our relationship but she did know that I would be sad to leave him.  Great.

 I can't say I'm surprised.  Dating someone and then one of us moving away is a recurrent theme in my life.  She apologized for not giving me better news, but I figure a man is better then no man at all.  But who is this mystery man whom I am already acquainted?  Not going to lie, my first thought was my roommate Bernard.  I just blame this on the fact that he is my live-in-replacement-boyfriend, not because in some weird alternate universe we actually like each other.  I swear.

My psychic did assure me this didn't mean I wouldn't date anyone before this mystery man and I started seeing each other in a different way.  She can only see relationships that will actually "resonate with the soul" meaning this guy will actually mean something to me, and then I'll have to leave him.  Fantastic.

Overall, it was a fun experience.  I'm not sure I buy into the whole thing but it was interesting.  Anything she told me didn't terribly surprise me so I guess that made it more believable.  The best part about this all, is that I can now start sentences with "My psychic told me..." How rad is that?

2 comments:

Lynn Erichs said...

Love this, I must admit I am a real life Bridget Jones, so once I saw your title I knew I'd love it!!

Violet said...

I like how she saw a man in your future, but was very, very non-specific about it. But I'm glad he's taller than you and has developed shoulders. That really, really narrows it down. (There should be a sarcasm face emoticon.) However, I am jealous that you can start sentences with "My psychic said..." I seriously think it's worth going to one just for that!