Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Remaining aloof...

I've been quite proud of myself after the Welsh Willy episode. Apart from the initial over thinking of our drunken evening and a few texts about snowglobes I was aloof. And remained aloof. It helped that he was halfway around the world for 2 and a half weeks but I'm still proud of myself. I didn't email or text him. Maybe I checked his facebook page a few times but I am only human.

Then last week I feared my new found aloofness was sure to crumble as I knew he would be back in the UK. I wanted to text him but a quick call to my friend put that idea swiftly out the window. Then I checked my email. Oh yes, it was WW. We emailed a couple of times and then I got a bit fed up. Vi will tell you this about me, I'm not very patient. At all. And emails make me impatient. So instead of emailing him back, I text him. Then I took the plunge to see if he was up to anything at the weekend. Whether this was the 'correct' move or not I don't know. People have told me different things and I didn't want to play games. We arranged to meet on Sunday but then he had to postpone because he forget about pre-existing plans. (I decided to allow this as he was quite jet-lagged).

Still, some of the aloofness remained. I didn't get in contact with him. As I said to my friend, if he wants to see me he will contact me. Which he did. So now we're meeting this coming Sunday. If he postpones again he will be in trouble.

Now, fear not fellow WWBD? bloggers. I am not reading too much into this. I am not assuming that simply because we're meeting up then something will happen. This is silly. I want us to be friends and meet up because we did get on really well. And I need more friends in London. If the idea of something more than a platonic friendship were to be offered would I accept? Oh yes. Am I going to bring up the conversation of something more than a platonic friendship? Oh no. Do I want him to give me 'the rejection talk' and make me feel like a complete idiot and turn the shade of a tomato? Hell no!

So I guess there are a few options of how Sunday could go. I'll keep you posted.

1 comment:

Grayer said...

Way to go Fen. I feel like there should be a class teaching aloofness. A male, would no doubt be the instructor...