Saturday, April 10, 2010

McNerdy Love

Fenella's plan for me and the cute neighbor may have worked better than she ever would have thought, but my plan to find Fen's mojo worked better than I ever could have dreamed.

Last night, my roommate and I threw another one of our fabulous parties. (I was a little apprehensive that I might be broken up with while in my underwear the next morning, as happened at our last party, but quite the opposite happened. More on that later.) This was a high-class party, complete with a designated make-out corner. Secluded, very dimly lit, and with a paper towel sign pointing the way.

As Fen blogged earlier, I had indeed given her permission to make out with McNerdy. And Grayer is right. There was definitely a time that I would not have able to even think about him making out with anyone else, but I've come a long way. McNerdy and I in a romantic sense seems a lifetime ago, and now I only want my two best friends to be happy. So, after McNerdy arrived, I casually mentioned that he had my permission to make out with Fen, which seemed to interest him, once he got over my use of the word "permission."

For the better part of the evening, they sat/stood very near each other, and I suspected even a bit of hand holding under the table. Then I realized I was missing my drink, so I went back out to the porch to grab it... only to find Fenella and McNerdy totally sucking face!!!!!!! Wooooo!

And it gets better! They continued being all touchy-feely the rest of the evening, and I caught them in lip-lock a few times after that (including in the make-out corner). To give them the privacy that they so deserved and needed, I sacrificed my bedroom and went home with the Cute Neighbor. It was a huge sacrifice, let me tell you. (Pistachio ice cream, what? WHAT?) And when I finally did the walk-of-shame home in last night's party dress at 11:30 this morning, McNerdy was STILL HERE. I think McNerdy was a bit uncomfortable when he walked in the kitchen to see me, but I was super-excited. Now Fen and McNerdy can get married, and Fen can move here and we can be together all the time!

Now Fen has her mojo back. And she and I have yet another thing in common ;)

4 comments:

Fenella said...

It was my idea for the paper towel sign for the make out corner. I've kept it as a souvenir of my time in Atlanta.

I do owe Vi a lot for her sacrifice and for her permission.

But seriously, she got some last night and I take a lot of credit for finally helping her and the cute neighbor get their act together!

Violet said...

And now the four of us are going our for Fenella's farewell dinner, as she's leaving tomorrow. (I don't like to think about that.) It's going to be an awesomely awkward double date!

Grayer said...

I was so impressed with all the action going on in the ATL I was inspired to get some of my own. Sadly that didn't happen. I was soooo close, I can only blame myself. Good job ladies, you're an inspiration.

Fenella said...

How were you soooo close? Details please!