Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Back to Reality

This morning was my first day back at work. I had approximately 60 emails, 8 voice mails and an overflowing in-tray to greet me. Sigh. My vacation is definitely over.

However, this does mean that I can now report my findings on 'The Social Experiment' and other events that took place.

1. The Reunion- seeing Vi again after a year and a half was AMAZING. There is no other word for it. We got on like we hadn't spend so long apart. In fact, we got on so well that people thought we were a couple. I can only imagine the blog posts we would have if we lived in the same city, even the same state. Anything is better then living on different continents.

2. Vi and the Cute Neighbor- as I updated you, the spark was there. It was so there I managed to spot it within 10 seconds after seeing them together. Regardless of the fact that I was jet lagged. I take some (well the majority of) credit for the two of them finally getting their act together. Mainly my constant pep talks to Vi, the first one consisting of: "just kiss him already" to the last one: "just do it already." I also made a lot of double entendres just to try and make things move along. I got a lot done in 10 days. And Vi now has an ACTUAL BOYFRIEND. I. Am. A. Genius.

3. McNerdy- yes, yes, it's true. After Vi gave her permission,* McNerdy and I did make use of the make-out corner at the party. And he did stay over. And I might have also stayed over at his my last night there. That would be Vi's fault after she and the Cute Neighbor walked out of McNerdy's apartment while Vi asked him to drive me home. She's sneaky like that. In regards to my social experiment, well, McNerdy is an American guy and I did like him more than any British guys I've meant in awhile. So my opinion of American guys has been somewhat proven.

So all in all, it was an extremely successful and enjoyable trip.

* Please note: I would never make-out or do anything non-platonic with a friend's (especially Vi's) ex or semi-ex or whatever without permission from said friend and even then it's a tricky area.

4 comments:

Grayer said...

VIOLET HAS AN ACTUAL BOYFRIEND?! We've had this blog for 2+ years now and this is the first ACTUAL boyfriend. What the hell are we supposed to talk about now? Vi, I'm very happy for you but if you become a smug married I will disown you as a sister and burn off your eyebrows, so help me.

Fen, glad to see/hear you had a fab trip. I stalked some of your photos on FB, you and McNerdy look adorable together...

Fenella said...

I KNOW!! I don't think they've had the official "we are now boyfriend/girlfriend" conversation but it is pretty obvious I don't think the conversation needs to be had. THEY DON'T EVEN NEED TO HAVE THE CONVERSATION. What kind of madness is this?!

I'm sure that Vi won't become a smug married but if she does...you take the left eyebrow, I'll take the right.

Ah FB. A stalker's paradise :p

Violet said...

Whoa, whoa, whoa, whoa, WHOA! Let's not get ahead of ourselves ladies. No, we have not had an actual boyfriend/girlfriend conversation, but we have had a conversation or two, which I will blog about just as soon as I have my clothes on long enough to do so ;) And my internet gets fixed.

But no matter what, I will not do anything to jeopardize my eyebrows.

And for the record, Fen and I had more fun than should be legal on her visit. When are you coming back?

Violet said...

Oh, and Grayer, we have not had this blog for 2+ years. More like one and a half. So we're not as pathetic as that sounds.