Tuesday, January 26, 2010

A new slew

Well it's official. I am moving to the CITAYYY! With one job offer today, and another promising interview tomorrow, things are looking up. And it couldn't come soon enough. Seriously, the month of January is awful enough without the added gloom of unemployment. For the past 3 weeks, the highlight of my day has been watching last night's tv on hulu (that's right, unemployed AND no cable!). It can be 2 o'clock in the afternoon before I realize I still haven't put on a bra. Needless to say, I was starting to feel a little desperate.

A job prospect is exciting enough but think of it this way: a new job and a new city means a whole slew of new boys. And oh, how I need new boys. For example, in between my jumping up and down in concentric circles, the big hug from my aunt, and the shrill "Now you'll never have to move back to the parental's house!" squeal of Violet, I got a "Sweet. How much cash?" from Conrad. Ugh. He's such a boy. This comment was followed by, "Aww you're moving away from me." Again, such a boy. Yes Conrad, me excitingly telling you I got my first job offer is all about cash and you. Typical.

I did remind him that I'm only moving an hour away, but I doubt I'll see much of him. It's ok. I need a fresh start. Which is exactly what this move will give me. And as Violet cleverly pointed out to me, this is a college town (We're talking Ivy league, Ladies!) and we all know I love the college boys. Cougar, Out.

3 comments:

Violet said...

CONGRATULATIONS! Not only is this obviously exciting career and life-wise, but your worst fears of moving back in with the parental unit will not be realized! Instead of watching them practice their foxtrot in the kitchen, you will be out having fun! And yes, a cougar like you is definitely in need of some fresh meat!

Scarlet said...

That's so exciting!

Congratulations Grayer!!

Fenella said...

Yippeee!!! Many congratulations, bring on the fresh (ivy league) meat!!