Thursday, November 5, 2009

If tomorrow never comes...

You may be wondering why I haven't been posting much lately. Well to put it simply, I've been in a funk. I haven't felt like posting because I haven't had anything funny and upbeat to contribute. The economy has me trapped in a job that I hate, but I've been too practical to do something drastic. So I force myself to go to work everyday, but I leave for work a little later every morning. Some days are better than others. Sometimes I have panic attacks when I get to work. I go to the bathroom when I really don't need to just as an excuse to get away from my desk. Some weeks I start dreading Monday before I even leave work on Friday. Some Sundays I cry because I know that the next day I have to return to my own personal prison. I sit at a desk counting the hours, the minutes till I can leave. Some days I think will never end.

This isn't anything new. I've hated my job since I started a few years ago, but over the last few months it has gotten worse. My only friend at work found a new job. It has been months since I've been given a project even vaguely relating to my educational background and experience. I'm expected to write mind-numbing reports on topics that I know nothing about and, honestly, I would prefer that it stayed that way. As if that isn't enough, one of my project managers is very condescending and finds fault in everything I do. I'd go to my supervisor but he often makes me uncomfortable by making inappropriate comments and getting in my personal space.

I have come to the conclusion that I have to get out whether I've found a new job or not. With the shape the economy is in I'm scared shitless by this decision. So if I don't find a new job by the end of the year, I will go back to school. Somedays it seems like the end of the year will never come...

2 comments:

Violet said...

Listen to this song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcnFLHa6ukM

It is guaranteed to make you smile!

Fenella said...

I know how you're feeling. Honestly I do. I went through a bit of a funk awhile back when nothing was going right and it seemed like nothing was going to go right again for a very long time. But it does! So hang in there, because soon enough everything is going to start going right!