Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Fuckwittage forgiven...almost

Ok, I am so proud of myself. It was less than a week ago that I was absolutely outraged that my ex-imaginary boyfriend was back with his ex girlfriend. I had many choice words for him, mainly variations of "WTF?"

Well, I just talked to him and I hardly even wanted to bring it up. However, I am a girl of many opinions, so I couldn't just not mention it. So he explained. He loves her and still misses her. They're not physically together and they know it will be very difficult, but they're considering getting back together. He did feed me some bullshit, "I wasn't happy when we were together because I wasn't happy with myself," just to name one. But I talked to him like a friend would. I voiced some gentle concerns, since I was there at the end of their relationship, and I knew the reasonings for the demise.

There was no anger. No jealousy. I did not call him an idiot or ask any variation of WTF? I just wanted him to think it through, to not settle, to not allow himself to be unhappy. All I feel for him is genuine concern and I simply asked him not to sell himself short. I've come a long way.

Unfortunately, he had to ruin it by sincerely thanking me for caring, and saying that he hopes I will find someone to make me happy. GAHHH!

1 comment:

Violet said...

Hahahaha

Sorry, but I laughed out loud when I read your last line. Silly boys. I think the amount of karma points we've racked up by being so nice and understanding to ex-imaginary boyfriends means Prince Charming should be showing up right about... now?