Thursday, February 5, 2009

Saved by the Bell...

During tonight's episode of Grey's Anatomy, I asked myself this question: Am I the only woman in the world who is cringing at the thought of being proposed to in a roomful of red roses, candles and (gag) a bed of rose petals arranged in a heart shape?

Maybe I'm missing some sort of romance gene, but if you ask me, that doesn't say romance to me, it screams cliche. It's been done over and over and over and over again. How is that romantic?

If I had my pick, I'd go with the guy whose wife ran over him with the car (thanks to her brain aneurysm). He proposed in the supermarket. That is soooo much more romantic. How? you ask. It's spontanious, that's how. He didn't plan it. He didn't rip off an idea from every chick flick he's ever been forced to watch. He was standing in the supermarket and knew that he wanted to marry her, and couldn't even wait until they got to the check out line to let her know it. *Swoon*

Lucky for you, McDreamy, your ex-wife called at what seemed to be the most inopportune time. This gives you second chance. Don't blow it.

1 comment:

Grayer said...

Ugh. That room looked so flowery clausotrophobic it would be responsible for an onset of a panic attack. What was he thinking? Thank goodness, Addison called because I would have had to left the room rather than watch that cliche. I'm starting to not like this show at all.