Sunday, May 1, 2011

Thunder thighs

I was on the subway, minding my business, when a guy starts talking to me. Guys never talk to me on the subway.  This was a young one, and not in a good cougartown sort of way.

"Excuse me, do you play sports?"

Umm..yeah I do play sports, I've always played sports.  I don't know why he's asking me this, I'm not dressed as if I was just playing sports.  The sports chit chat continued until my stop comes up.

"Yeah, so I'd love to have your number, I'm really intrigued by women with huge thighs"

As my mouth drops, the doors mercifully open and I make my exit with no more than a thoughtful "huh." Huge thighs? 1.  Learn how to keep things to yourself, you stupid little man.  2.  Learn how to compliment a woman (give you a hint, it should never involve the word huge).  and 3.  MY THIGHS ARE NOT HUGE.  Ok, so they're not skinny either.  They're average, I swear!  Yes, I play sports.  Yes, I've done my fair share of leg presses and wall sits but I am no Serena Williams.  I'm proportional!

I'd be flattered if I wasn't so insulted.  What. A. Douche.

2 comments:

Violet said...

I'm a little stunned speechless by this story. I'm seriously not quite sure how to respond to it. But I'm pretty sure Douche isn't the right word for this guy. I'll let you know when I think of the right word...

Grayer said...

I don't think he said it to be an ass. I think he just genuinely enjoys thighs. It's funny in a ridulous sort of way, but dude, keep these things to yourself!