Thursday, July 9, 2009

The mutual friend

We've been hanging out for 6 months, never talk about our relationship, and get along pretty well, but we don't really click click. He doesn't always get my sense of humor, I can get annoyed by his antics, and let's not even start on his lack of ballsiness on the physical front. One thing I've truly gained from this pseudo-relationship is meeting new people in the form of his friends. One friend inpaticular. I met The Mutual Friend a couple months ago and he immediately reminded me of someone I hated. Not only his looks but his voice, mannerisms and personality screamed of an old coworker that I never cared for from the very beginning. But this guys is different, I actually like him. Really really like him.

What can I say? We click. It was him that made me have a good time at a party. It was him that was a ton of fun on my birthday outing. He's the one that will come out to my house just for lunch. He's the one who I tell stories about to my roommate. It was he who introduced me to the three wolves shirt. We've hung out in groups as well as alone and it's always been filled with witty banter, humor and good conversation. He gets me and I get him. I like him so much that you might think I have a crush on him, but you'd be wrong.

We all know that I loooooove boys, but I am just not attracted to this one whatsoever (not that he's unattractive). He's skinny. He's clean shaven. He's uptight. He only wears collared shirts. He was an economy major. He doesn't like getting dirty. He neatly eats pancakes (and BBQ ribs) with a fork and knife (I know!). I like manly men, bigger than me with beards and no financial stability. Who care less about mud on their shoes and has a harder time getting BBQ sauce off their face and fingers than I do.

It's strange I get along with someone so unlike myself so well, but the MF and I have definitly thought of a combination of the two guys would be great. A hybrid of HOG and the Mutual Friend, now there's a man I could really get on board with. (Why is "Dream On" currently playing in the background?)

No comments: