Monday, March 28, 2011

Oops

I can think of no other word to describe this post. 'Oops' just sums it up.

Picture the scene: it's a Monday morning, I'm about to leave TWH's. I am not a happy bunny for the following reasons:

1.) It's a Monday morning
2.) I'm running late
3.) Work has been really stressful lately and I don't want to go
4.) It's a Monday morning
5.) I couldn't wash my hair because TWH doesn't own a hair dryer
6.) The clocks changed on Sunday so I feel cheated out of an hour's sleep
7.) It's a Monday morning

To top it all off, before I head to get the train I need to go round to my house to drop off my stuff as I was at TWH's all weekend. Normally if I need to do this it's not a big deal. It's a 10 minute walk and it's not completely out of my way. This morning however, was not a good day, and I didn't have 10 minutes. So there I am, standing in the kitchen with greasy hair, laden down with bags and running late. At this point I say the following:

"Not to freak you out, this is just a casual observation, but my life would be much easier if we lived together."

AAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH.

Hi. My name's Fenella and I'm an idiot.

I swear I did not mean to say this. It was a random thought that popped into my head and I just wasn't thinking clearly and I definitely wasn't thinking before I spoke. It's been 7 months, I am perfectly aware that mentioning living together after 7 months falls into the 'she's a little bit crazy' category. And I have commitment issues. Seriously. I don't want to commit to a two year phone contract, I'm paying £3 a month extra for an 18 month contract. See? Commitment issues.

Does it get annoying having to cart my things back and forth between mine and TWH's?
Yes. And girls need more stuff. (Apparently there's a Sex and the City episode all about this?)
Have TWH and I both talked about how we fancy a change from the area of London in which we live?
Yes.
Have we discussed moving to a different part of London together?
No.
Is 7 months too soon to be having this conversation?
YES.

Oops.

I hastily kissed him goodbye, wished him a good day and scarpered.

On the advice of my friend at work I vowed not to mention it ever again. But of course I mentioned it. I dropped him an email which began: "If my comment this morning didn't scare you off and leave you running a mile, I have good news..." His response? "Don't worry, it didn't!"

Whew. I feel I may have dodged a bullet on this one. Except I haven't heard from him this evening, and I hear from him every evening. But I'm sure I'm worrying over nothing.

I must, must learn to think before I speak. Seriously.

3 comments:

Kelli said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Violet said...

You know what's weird? That episode of Sex and the City was on right after I read this post. Seriously.

Don't mention it again. It will be fine, but don't mention it again.

Fenella said...

That is weird. I need to track down this episode, what series is it?

Don't worry, I won't mention it again. I have learnt my lesson.