Wednesday, March 17, 2010

First Date Done!

Apologies WWBD? I have neglected you so. However, I have set aside some time to pay you the attention you so rightly deserve!

Friday night, for once, was date night. I took the plunge and met up with someone I met online. We had been emailing for awhile and his emails were friendly and funny so I decided that what was the point in joining a dating site if I wasn't going to be brave and meet someone.

We arranged to meet at a particular underground station. There was a bit of confusion on my part because this particular underground station has about 6 different exits, but I managed in the end!

Harry Potter (he works in films and has worked on the Harry Potter movies) and I went for a very nice dinner. Conversation started a bit stilted but luckily I love movies so we found plenty to talk about. I felt relaxed and comfortable around him and I was having a good time. After dinner we headed to another place for a drink and then to the underground station where he said he would like to see me again and then we headed our separate ways. I've had a few friendly texts from him since then.

Conclusion? I had a good time and I'm glad I went. He's a nice guy and we got on well. I don't want to make any final decisions based on a first date but in terms of romance? I didn't really get any of those type vibes. However, as Vi said, she felt the same way about John Boy...so if he asks me out again I'll say yes. I'm just glad I got the first date out of the way!

2 comments:

Violet said...

Here's the problem with online dating: You have really high expectations. Which just makes it all the more frustrating when you don't meet Mr. Right right away. After you visit me, we need to do an expose on American vs. British men. We American women think that men who sound like Hugh Grant and Jude Law are perfect, but from I hear from you, these chaps don't know how to date! It's obviously not you, it's them.

Grayer said...

Way to take the plunge Fen! It can only get easier from here right?