Sunday, March 21, 2010

We are so NOT a couple!

Seriously, the cute neighbor and I are NOT a couple.

Even if we spent our Saturday grocery shopping for a picnic and hiking. Lots of friends do that.

Even if we came home from our hike and walked to Rita's to get free Italian ice on the first day of spring. I mean, we wouldn't have even known there was free Rita's if my mom hadn't called to remind me. I think my mom is this close to having a problem when it comes to Italian ice. And yes, we did discuss mini-break options, but that certainly doesn't make us a couple.

Even if we came home from Rita's and cooked dinner together, we are still NOT a couple. Lots of people cook dinner together. And just because we made a hand-made thank you card for the out-of-town friend we stayed with last weekend and signed it: Love, Violet and the cute neighbor, with a cute stick figure drawing of us sharing their futon. And just because he gave me a foot rub while I fell asleep on his couch does not make us a couple.

Now that I read this back to myself, it sounds like a smug married Saturday if ever there was one, doesn't it? BUT if I point out that I was late for grocery shopping and hiking because I had spent Friday night with the Dark Horse, and that one of the main topics of conversation with the Cute Neighbor is about all the sex he's had over the years, then it's clear that we're not a couple. Because if we were, or even if he were an imaginary boyfriend, I really, really, REALLY wouldn't want to hear all the details about past lovers.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to get some sleep, since the cute neighbor is making blueberry pancakes in the morning. On a Monday! What a nice way to start off the week.

3 comments:

Grayer said...

1) Sounds to me like you've got yourself an imaginary boyfriend. If you'll refer to the definition of an imaginary boyfriend, you will note, that physical relations are not required (you made up this definition yourself). If not imaginary, it is definitely a pseudo relationship.
2) Why didn't Mom call me to remind me of free Rita's??

Violet said...

1) He is NOT an imaginary boyfriend. If he were, I would be insanely jealous of other female friends and would want no part of his stories of wild sexcapades.
2) I'm her favorite.

Fenella said...

Me thinks the lady doth protest too much...