Saturday, January 8, 2011

The case of the crazy cat lady

“Grayer, can I ask you a question?” says The Roommate, as we climb into bed the other night.

We had just changed my sheets because for the first time ever, Mr. Kitty Meowington threw up on my bed.  This is what I get for bringing a boy home on a week night.

“Are you making a cat Christmas stocking?”

He also had to pick up Mr. Meowington from his cat condo to hand him to me.  Mr. Meowington is not permitted to sleep in my room when I have guests.

“What? No. What do you think I’m some sort crazy cat lady?”

I was starting to regret wearing the black cat winter hat, that Violet got me for Christmas, on our walk to my house.

“Well, I saw a cat stocking and your desk looks like you’ve been...crafting..”

He had to step over the hot glue gun that I had left on the floor, right next to my staple gun and fabric, to get to my bed.

“Oh, that cat stocking.  My mom got me that because I left my real stocking here.  And yeah, I was crafting the other night.”

I totally drunkenly bragged about my brand new sewing machine that I had gotten for Christmas when I saw him on New Year’s.

“What’d you make?”

Not a cat Christmas stocking, because Mr. Meowington already has a Christmas stocking, duh.  I made it for him years ago.

“I was revamping Mr. Meowington’s scratching post, I made it for him when I was in college, it needed a makeover...........I sound really lame, don’t I?”

Despite my lameness, he moved in to kiss me as Mr. Meowington meowed outside my door.

“Yep.”

And then we stopped talking. 

I had run into him that night at a show.  Some of my friends and I were out to see a couple bands play, I knew one of the bassists.  The reason why I knew one of the bassists is because he’s the third roommate of The Roommate and the Karaoke Kid.  Luckily, KK had stayed home and after my (superlame) friends left, I stayed to hang out with The Roommate and the band.  Apparently, after our New Year’s Eve shenanigans, the Karaoke Kid never said anything about it.  This indicated to The Roommate that KK was ok with it, which apparently made it ok for him to come home with me.  So yeah, I guess we're a thing again (assuming my cat craziness hasn't scared him away).  It's January, I need a thing.

2 comments:

Violet said...

You look way better in that cat hat than you do in any other hat and you know it.

Fenella said...

Vi told me about the cat hat and I want one.

Why is it women with cats are seen as cat ladies while women with little rat dogs (a la Paris Hilton) are seen as ok and normal?