Tuesday, January 18, 2011

The replacement

This weekend, one of my roommates officially moved out!  No, not that roommate, but the other one.   Sure, she was my favorite of the two but I'm glad to see her go.  I'm sick of her waking me up at 7 am with her unnaturally loud voice. I'm sick of her boyfriend basically living with us.  He can't even pronounce his R's.  How do you trust a guy that can't pronounce his R's?  I'm sick of hearing them having sex, or even worse, I'm sick of hearing them fight (the fighting lasts longer than the sex). 

It took me all of 2 days to find a replacement.  This time I went with a guy.   I thought it would bring a nice balance our estrogen heavy household.  This guy is the exact opposite of my hyper high strung loud mouthed former roommate.  His name is Bernard.  He's an architect.  He's low key.  He's a nerd.  

Bernard has actually been living on our sofa for the past week.  (This is why you should never move in with a girlfriend, it leaves you homeless when you break up).  In that week, I've spent a lot of time with Bernard.  In fact, I've spent so much time with him that I feel like I'm dating him.  We've gone out for drinks with his friends.  We've shared relationship history.  We've drunkenly played Jenga at 2 am.  We've gone out for breakfast.  We've gone out for dinner.  We've watched movies all day.  We've played boardgames.   We've rearranged the living room furniture.

Turns out the guy is pretty fun.  He goes along with all my antics (like when I helped him move his stuff out of storage, he let me pretend I was surfing while he pushed me on the flat bed car).  I have to say, it's nice to have someone to hang out with at home (I avoid the other roommate like the HIV, which she just might have), and it's also nice to make him shovel out my car by beating him at Skip-Bo. 

It seems as though not only have I found myself a replacement boyfriend, I've found myself a replacement live-in boyfriend. And underneath all the nerdiness and the side-parted hair, he has a surprisingly nice body...  Not that I was looking or anything.  What could possibly go wrong?

1 comment:

Violet said...

What could possibly go wrong? I don't think blogger allows that many characters...