Wednesday, August 10, 2011

And the Oscar goes to...

...Me. For the Best. Maid. Of. Honour. Speech. EVER.

OK, maybe it wasn't the best ever, but it was pretty damn good. I didn't stumble over my words, I thought of jokes on the spot which were pretty funny, I made fun of the groom for mispronouncing my name (my name confuses British people)and right at the end I started to choke up. Not crocodile tears but actual, genuine emotion. I didn't see this coming but it totally made the speech. People were putty in my hands. The Best Man looked shell shocked - how was he going to follow real tears? He followed it with an inflatable speech, but that's another story.

The best thing? The wedding was fun! And enjoyable! And with ZERO drama. In short, I had an amazing time.

I'm just really glad it's over.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Um, when do we get to hear the inflatable speech story?

Congratulations on pulling it off!