Saturday, August 27, 2011

Frank in real life

someecards.com - Sorry your friends with benefits look nothing like the stars of Friends with Benefits
I got on the train late last night.  I had been out at a bar with friends and I actually looked pretty dang good.  I sat down and looked at the guy who sat across from me.  He had on questionable brown shoes, jeans that were a wash that reminded me of dad jeans, a polo shirt and glasses.  He looked like a dork.  A major dork.  It took me a moment to realize it was Financial Frank.

I've never seen Financial Frank in real life before.  I've also never seen Financial Frank wearing pants before.  We live in the same area but we've never run into each other.  This was weird.  So I just stared at him.  He cut his hair since last time I saw him.  I didn't care for it.  I never did like it when he wore glasses.   And seriously, what's up with the dad jeans?  It took a minute but he eventually realized some one was staring at him, but in that minute I realized something--I'm totally the better looking one.  It was a nice feeling.  I smiled and changed seats to talk to him.

The gravy train that is Financial Frank is coming to a close.  He's moving across town this month.  Let's be honest, our relationship is not strong enough to endure a subway ride.  At least not regularly.  And after seeing him in real life, I'm going to go ahead and say I'm ok with that.

I have a date tonight that I'm actually looking forward to.  He's a science type with a quirky sense of humor.  He was Don Draper for Halloween last year so he deserves a shot....I hope he wears a suit.

1 comment:

Violet said...

I'd be very excited to be going out with anyone remotely resembling Don Draper as well! Well, physically anyway. If his personality is anything like Don Draper's I would advise that you run in the opposite direction- and fast!