Tuesday, August 30, 2011

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

I know I've haven't blogged recently. The sole reason for this is that my life is very unexciting at the moment. I go to work, get hopelessly stressed out over work then come home and keep telling myself that I'll clean my room but I don't. (I really must clean it though as in less than THREE WEEKS VIOLET WILL BE MOVING TO LONDON!)

However, I have been meaning to blog about something. Something that has enraged me. Wait for it...they are remaking Dirty Dancing.

The face that 'they' is Kenny Ortega, choreographer of the original is behind this project is even more infuriating - doesn't he know how amazing the original is?! Why would he want to mess with it?

It's bad enough that Hollywood has become so unbelievably unoriginal that they are rehashing and remaking various films and television shows (sooner or later they will remake 'Friends', then we will all feel really old) but the fact that they are actually considering remaking one of the most loved films of all times? Patrick Swayze is probably turning in his grave.

Now I know that Dirty Dancing isn't for everyone. Many of my friends don't get my fascination with it and think I'm some naive romantic for even liking it. In fact, one of my friends used Dirty Dancing as the reason why I was still a virgin, I was waiting for 'movie love.' (The actual reason was of course the fact that I hadn't met anyone suitable who I wanted to have sex with for the first time. Call me crazy).

However, I think we can all agree that if it's not broken then don't fix it. And Dirty Dancing is not broken so don't remake it! Rant over.

But seriously, don't get me started on the rumours of a third Bridget Jones movie. As if the remakes aren't bad enough Hollywood does not know when to quit with sequels...

3 comments:

Violet said...

Not to stress you out further, but you do realize that it's more like 2 weeks time and I'll be in London, right? I know, I'm counting the days.

And yes, I agree with you. They shouldn't remake it. Unless they could get Zac Efron to play Johnny Castle... no, you're right. This is an outrage!

Grayer said...

They can remake any movie if Zac Efron is in it. That's just my opinion.

Fenella said...

Ok, Zac Efron is a good looking (very young) guy, but he's no Patrick Swayze.