Monday, August 8, 2011

Operation: Rebound

I'm in Boston with Grayer. I got home to Pennsylvania on Sunday, and made it all the way to Wednesday when I decided I couldn't take it anymore and I bought a bus ticket to Boston. How long will I be here? Depends. I'm not leaving until I properly rebound.

The Rebound Quest got started on Saturday. Grayer and I went to Fenway, but not inside the stadium. No, we don't have an extra $200 each to see the Yankees/Red Sox. But we did better. We went to a bar behind the stadium to watch the game. On our way over, we put together an impromptu Scavenger Hunt list, to ensure a good time and make things a bit more interesting. What we put on the list isn't all that important, except one thing: Get Yankees fans to buy us drinks. We had been there at the bar an entire 10 minutes when Shorty (named so because of his small stature) walked up to Grayer and gave her a high-five. He was taller than Grayer (barely) but shorter than me. He had two friends with him, one extremely tall, and one in the middle. They were all Yankees fans. 10 minutes after starting the conversation, they offered to buy us the next round. Well, that was easy.

Shorty made it known that he was interested in Grayer, while I basically went back and forth between the other two. During the course of the conversation, we found out that the Tall Guy was the only one who actually lived in Boston, and the other two were staying with him for the weekend. Not an ideal situation for sleepovers for any party.

After the game, Grayer and I decided to go find some food, and the Yankee boys came with us. The dinner was entertaining, to say the least. We were a loud, but not obnoxious table. So much so that the manager told our waitress to give us two desserts on the house, simply because we were the nicest people he had met that day. Lesson: Be friendly and loud.

Afterward we walked to a different bar, and the medium-sized guy asked me if I was "going to stop doing the big sister thing." Apparently it seemed to Shorty that I was being too protective of my younger sister and not letting her go off alone with him. This was not the case. Excuse me, but Grayer and I have a long-established code, and when she wants me to get lost, she will give me the code, and I will. The only person who was cock-blocking was Shorty himself, because Grayer just wasn't that interested.

After awhile, we decided nothing else was going to happen that night, thanks to out-of-town guests. The Tall Guy had my phone number, so if he wants to call me after his friends go home, he will. So we left, but not before the medium guy told me I shouldn't move to London, but instead move to New Jersey and date him, because he never meets girls like me. This made me feel loads better. I may not have rebounded, but I know that I could have.

The Quest continues...

No comments: