Sunday, November 23, 2008

Tunes for the Imaginary Boyfriend

Ah, the Imaginary Boyfriend. No one else causes more agony and heartbreak, and therefore, there is no shortage of songs about this elusive man. Clearly we are not the only ones who have fallen victim to his charms, as evidenced by the number of times we've been listening to the radio in the car, and suddenly yell, "Oh my God! I could have written this song!" So without further ado...

Almost Lover- A Fine Frenzy
F*cking Boyfriend- The Bird and the Bee
We Get On- Kate Nash
The False Contender- Camera Obscura
Inside and Out- Feist
Sitting, Waiting, Wishing- Jack Johnson
Hot N Cold- Katy Perry
I Want You to Want Me- Cheap Trick/Letters to Cleo
Words Cannot Describe- Mirah
I Thought you were my Boyfriend- The Magnetic Fields
Take me or Leave me- Magic Numbers
Undecided- Magic Number
Hold the line- Toto
Stay- Sugarland
Letter Read- Rachel Yamagata

1 comment:

Violet said...

I heard "Realize" by Colbie Caillat today, and remembered that that is also a good Imaginary Boyfriend song.