Thursday, June 18, 2009

The Transition

I’ve been hanging out with Meetup Matt (MM) with increased frequency over the past few weeks. In the past week I saw him 4 out of 7 days. We have started to make the transition from spending time with mutual friends to hanging out alone last week. I find this transition somewhat frustrating. I’m a little concerned that MM may become a hang out guy. There are definitely signs that he is interested. For example he went to see a movie that he had already seen with me simply because I said I wanted to see it. He suggested that we go out to lunch sometime and actually followed through. MM even went as far as to call it a “lunch date” but then didn’t pay for my lunch. (I know I am a mature woman perfectly capable of paying for my own lunch but I typically use this as an indicator that a guy is interested.) However, there have been several times where he has paid for me. Also on several occasions I have noticed that he was more touchy than what is typical for a friend. (More often in situations that involve a little bit of alcohol.) MM even asked me to go to a concert with him which is over a month away. If those things aren't enough to convince you he maybe interested...in addition to hanging out with me he also talks to me daily outside of seeing me simply to see how my day is and share random antidotes of our days.

The only thing is…he hasn’t made a move. I know it hasn’t been that long but I want to know if I’m misreading the situation. Is he into me or does he just think I’m cool and fun to hang out with? Would a guy really devote all this time and effort to a girl they aren't interested in?

I kind of think both of us are afraid to officially make the transition from friends to something more. Rejection is so much harder when it is someone you actually know! So I’m trying to be patience and I’m waiting it out to see where this goes. MM better get a move on it though because my horoscope promised some excellent make out action at the end of the month!!

No comments: