Thursday, February 18, 2010

Wanted: Person

I need a new person.

This morning I received news from Conrad that he had been in the hospital last night. Apparently after hours of pain and limited vision, he got a friend to drive him to the emergency room. Apparently he had a chemical burn to the cornea from working in the lab. Scary! After making sure he was ok, which he is, I realized something. He didn't even tell me about it. I don't blame him for not asking me to take him to the hospital (I live 15 minutes away) but he didn't even mention it. Yes (Violet) I know he's not my boyfriend and he doesn't have to tell me anything, but come on.

If I was at home alone freaking about my burning eyes and loss of vision, I would be freaking out to him about my burning eyes and loss of vision. He's my person!

"You can't be sleeping with your person."

Ok (Violet) so Conrad and I may not be the Meredith and Christina of persons, but we have each other. Sometimes. When we feel like it. For right now anyways.

"Yeah you're not his person."

Yes (Violet) I'm not his person! No amount of pain, burning, or possibility of irreversible damage could get him to even send a complaining text message. I am not his person. So why did I think I was? Maybe because I talk to him everyday? Maybe because he's my closest/most geographically desirable friend right now? Maybe because things between him and I are the best they've ever been? (and by best I mean worst).

"You need a new person."

I know (Violet), I totally need a new person. One who will call me to take them to the hospital. One who I will freak out about things to. One who I'm not sleeping with. Now accepting applications.

2 comments:

Violet said...

Don't worry, you'll find a new person. Unfortunately, geography comes into play when choosing a person. If only they would perfect teleportation, so it wouldn't matter where someone lived, they could still be your person! But until that day, McNerdy will be my person.

Fenella said...

I don't have a person! Geography issues.