Thursday, June 9, 2011

Here Come the Hens!

This weekend is The Hen Weekend. I'm feeling a bit of trepidation about it. I am excited about it, really I am. Honest. It's just very nerve wracking because I helped to organise it. So if something goes wrong, tears are shed, the bride to be goes off with a guy she shouldn't (she wouldn't would she?) then I will feel responsible / might receive the blame. This is a lot of pressure people.

Also, can I just forewarn all females the perils of planning a hen weekend. Tread carefully. My issues have been:

1. Trying to remain 100% excited when around the bride and talking about the hen weekend. Whilst it's important to me it's not the most important thing in my life happening at this moment in time. I understand for her the hen weekend (and wedding) is.

2. It's not very pleasant to ask a number of girls who you don't know for £200. And then when they don't pay you on time having to chase them for the money.

3. Getting on with the other bridesmaids. My friend has four bridesmaids. Myself and Rae are friends already. The other two bridesmaids are friend's of Elsa's from school. So it's a little bit two against two. Problem is, Rae lives in Scotland so hasn't been involved in the planning. Cue me feeling like the third wheel. I got annoyed when the two of them used our planning emails to email about the holiday they're going on. And even more annoyed when one of them treated me like her secretary.

4. The bride to be doesn't know what's happening during the weekend. She is not a patient person. I've struggled to remain chipper when she sends texts / updates her Facebook status wondering what's going on. A tip: don't tell the bride to be that she has zero patience and that's not an attractive quality. Even if you're joking.

To top it off, this week has been a not so good week at work. I'm shattered, I have two mouth ulcers and I can't wear my contact lenses so feel like a 12 year old in my glasses.

But I'm looking forward to the weekend. Honest.

2 comments:

meowie said...

Hang in there and stay tough!

Violet said...

Hope you're having a fun and not-at-all-stressful weekend!