Thursday, September 17, 2009

Happy Birthday, Violet!

Sschluuuuurp!

Listen, it's the sounds of your ovaries drying up! It's the tick tock of your biological clock!

All joking aside, Vi, I hope you have a fantastic day. You may be regretting that you decided to end perfectly convenient relationship right before your special day. Stop it. Think not of how you don't have a man to spend this day with, but of how you don't have to fake a pleasant surprise when you open that awful gift. Think not of how you won't go on a romantic dinner date to celebrate your birth, but instead think of how unromantic/fun tailgating with a bunch of friends will be tonight. (Romance, blah!). Think not of how he won't sing to you during a bubble bath, but think of how the parents will sing "Happy Birthday" to you via skype (Bubblebath optional).

You maybe be older, but your wiser, more experienced (*wink) and still hot! Go have fun tonight! (Action, action, we love action!)

1 comment:

Violet said...

Why, thank you!

I think the birthday card I sent to my childhood BFF (who also has a birthday this weekend; it's nice to have someone to grow old with simultaneously!) said it best: Birthdays are like periods. You never look forward to them, but you're in trouble if they don't happen.

And you know me, boyfriend or no, I will ALWAYS prefer a tailgate and a game over a romantic dinner on my birthday.