Sunday, September 20, 2009

Question of the Week: The Walk of Shame?

Last weekend, after having a few beers over a game of Scrabble, Conrad (yes, that Conrad) spent the night at our house. (Oh, action, how I've missed you). My roommate, Lisa and I had to get up early so when we had left the house he was groggily getting out of bed. We said good morning to the neighbors as we drove away. Apparently about 5 minutes later, Conrad walks out the front door. Our neighbors had multiplied since we left, standing around drinking coffee. One shouts from across the street, "Good Morning Conrad! Have a great day!" as he gets into his car. It's important to point out that not only are these my neighbors, half of them are my family. Can you say awkward?

So maybe walk of shames don't usually involve the other person's aunt and uncle, but they're usually awkward just the same. There's nothing like walking home in the same clothes as the night before, hair looking as though something could be living in it, even if there's nothing to be ashamed of. Conrad's experience inspired me to search for walk of shame stories because A) it was awkward B) it was funny and C) we've all been there. So lets hear it ladies, what was your "best" Walk of Shame?

2 comments:

Violet said...

Mine happened recently, when leaving the Highlander's place on a weekday morning while he (and everyone else in his building) was leaving for work. I was taking his cat with me, and with the cat came a container of cat food. When I put the cat in the car, I put the cat food on the roof of my car, and you guessed it: I left it there. I pulled out and saw one of his neighbors (and her daughter) yelling something at me, but I couldn't figure out what it was, so I continued. When I stopped before pulling out of the parking lot, another neighbor, walking his daughter to the bus stop, also called out to me. This time I stopped, and he handed me the cat food off the roof of my car. Hopefully he didn't notice last night's smudgy mascara.

Runner up would be in college, when I was walking home from my boyfriend's dorm to my own, and passed a friend from church on my way. He started to ask me where I was coming from so early on a Saturday morning, but quickly put two and two together and gave me a knowing wink.

Violet said...

Friday, The Dark Horse spent the night. Saturday morning, I was playing early softball in the park. Since the park is en route to the train station, TDH walked with me to the park. The Umpire (slightly older, v. flirty gentlemen who is definitely interested, but I'm not interested back) spotted him and accused me of doing the softball walk of shame. I texted TDH to tell him of the comments and that I should have told him to get lost sooner, but he just responded back that he felt no shame, and that next time he would stick around to heckle.