Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Dark Horse

I'm screwed.

Following my awesome Friday night, where the Dark Horse asked me for my number nearly 4 months after he should have asked for my number, I was very pleased and excited when he actually called on Saturday just like he said he would. I had dinner plans for the evening, but we decided to meet up for a drink afterward. You know those dates when everything just kind of...clicks? That's what this was. Best of all, when I made one of my many sports references, he actually got it. He walked me home and gave me a goodnight kiss that kind of kept going, and was kind of awesome, and that I kind of really want to do again sometime.

The next morning, I had that giddy, morning-after, shit-eating grin on my face for most of it. The only thing that could spoil my mood was the terrifying thought that he may not call, but he did call, and we have plans for this weekend. And when he randomly texted me a cheesy pick-up line this afternoon (we were trading them back and forth last weekend), I'm sure the people around me thought I was a crazy person, because I was grinning at nothing.

See what I mean? I'm screwed.

3 comments:

Grayer said...

Look at you all girlie and giddy.

Violet said...

I know, isn't it awful?

Fenella said...

Not awful, nice! Being girlie and giddy can be fun.