Wednesday, September 30, 2009

The Waiting Game

I've been out with the Dark Horse a handful of times now. We hung out spontaneously last Friday. We had a brunch date on Sunday that lasted until dinner time. Each time has gone splendidly well, and I don't think it was possible to have been any better. I've read the book and all indications are that he is in fact in to me. Each evening has ended with a really good kiss, and he said "good" when I told him I wasn't seeing anybody, both very, very good signs.

So why am I an anxious wreck, waiting for him to call? I last saw him Sunday. It is now Wednesday night. There has been contact, via text message, but no phone call. I'm pretty sure he's unavailable this weekend, but it would still make my week if he called to say how much he would like to see me this weekend if he could. I know, I'm living in a dream world. But wouldn't it be awesome if men actually did that?

3 comments:

Fenella said...

OK the way I see it, these are your options:

Option one: phone him (NO!! I was just putting it there so you could see all the options)
Option two: stare at the phone willing it to ring
Option three: call your phone to make sure it's working
Option four: leave your phone in another room from you, then it'll ring but you just won't hear it (it works for me)
Option five: go out and have some fun and forget about TDH for a couple hours.

I can't think of anymore options, but I'm sure he will call!

Violet said...

I went with option 5, and luckily, it worked. We're going to a baseball game (last one before it goes dark for a long, cold winter) on Saturday. I'm stoked.

Scarlet said...

It sucks when you care so much, doesn't it? It was kind of nice with the engineer when I didn't care if he called. But then it is so much better when when they do call...

I'm routing for the Dark Horse!! I was never a big fan of High. Oh and tell TDH that I said "Hi!"