Friday, October 2, 2009

Happy Birthday, Scarlet!

...will have to face up to the fact that another entire year has gone by, during which everyone else except me has mutated into Smug Married, having children plop, plop, plop, left right and center and making hundreds of thousands of pounds and inroads into very hub of establishment, while I career rudderless and boyfriendless through dysfunctional relationships and professional stagnation.

We get October started off with a bang, as it is Scarlet's birthday. And really, Scarlet, there is absolutely no reason for you to feel like Bridget. First of all, not everyone has mutated into a Smug Married. Grayer and I certainly haven't. Just like not everyone is plopping out kids left, right, and center. Again, Grayer and I are shining examples of childlessness. And finally, not everyone is making hundreds and thousands of pounds. At last check, Grayer and I were still living at poverty level.

So remember, when everyone else around you seems to have all their shit together, and you realize that your life is getting more and more like Bridget's every day (because trust me, it does) just remember one thing: We're right there with you. Happy Birthday, m'dear!

2 comments:

Grayer said...

Ah yes. Single, childless, and poor. It's funny because its true.

Happy Birthday, Scar! Hope this year is the best one yet!

Scarlet said...

Thank you Vi and Grayer!! I had an awesome birthday despite my singleton status.

Sadly MM is away on business for the month and for this time we are on a "break" due to his commitmentphobe issues. (More on that later.) Wish I didn't miss him so much! :-/