Saturday, October 31, 2009

London Calling

You may remember my ABBA themed post a couple of weeks ago where I described the joys of once again living at home. Well, I am pleased to report that I have finally, finally managed to get a job in London. Which means a.) no more living at home and b.) lots and lots and lots of (hopefully) single men in suits.

This joy took a bit of a tumble last night. I was Facebook stalking. (The shame of it!) When I discovered that my ex-boyfriend, the one who causes THE RAGE is also moving to London for work. After suffering the worst RAGE ever, I have calmed down, deleted him from Facebook (because if I didn't I think Violet would actually physically harm me) and have decided that I am not going to let this turn of events bother me. After all, there are 7.7 million people (approx) in London. The odds of seeing him are very, very slim. And if I do see him, so what? I have moved on, he is nothing more than a footnote in the story that is my happy, exciting, Fergus-free life!

So let's get back to the excitement! I'm moving! To London! The home of Bridget Jones! Here's to wine bars, weird men on the underground and finding my Mark Darcy...

3 comments:

Grayer said...

Congratulations! I look forward to hearing tales of the single life in London! Mark Darcy here we come!

Violet said...

Getting physical is just not my style. Finding a way to hack into your fb or crossing the pond to do it for you? Definitely. Glad you deleted him. And yes, v. excited to hear tales of the London Scene!

Scarlet said...

Congratulations Fenella!! Can't wait to hear about your London exploits!