Thursday, September 16, 2010

Facebook Stalkers

I'm moving in three days time. I'm away for work this weekend. My room is a mess. What else is there to do but blog?

Facebook has a lot to answer for. Mainly, the arrival of Facebook fuckwittage, serious procrastination when writing anything school / college related, causing awkward situations to arise - like Conrad's dad adding you as a Facebook friend, and the ability for stalkers to well, stalk. (Vi, have you ever blogged about your Facebook stalker?) And speaking of Facebook stalkers I thought I would share a funny little story.

Monday night I was round the White Horse's. We were watching TV with his roommate. His roommate was on Facebook and an old friend from school (female) pinged up on his Facebook chat (error #1 - don't have your Facebook chat set to online all the time). He mentioned this to us and said he didn't really want to talk to her. I said that he shouldn't be mean, just chat for a minute or so then make your excuses. The following is the chat that then took place:

Her: Hey, how are you?
Him: Fine thanks, you?
Her: I work at Tesco (UK supermarket chain), not married, no kids. You? (Yes, she volunteered that information)
Him: Divorced. Three times. Don't think I have any kids but you never know do you? Pulled my hamstring. (He thought that a sentence like this, dripping with sarcasm would have some effect)
Her: Fancy meeting up some time? (Subtle)
Him: Yeah, it would be good to get a group of us together from school. (That was my suggestion, I thought she would get the hint)
Her: Cool!! I'll arrange something. What's your number?
Him: It's on my Facebook page. (Error #2 - be wary about having your number on you FB page)

They then send their goodbyes. The White Horse and I were finding this whole conversation pretty funny. The girl was obviously very, very keen and none too subtle. It gets better.

No more than 2 minutes after he signed off Facebook chat...his phone started ringing. She didn't get the hint when he didn't pick up - she left a voicemail saying she couldn't wait for them to meet up.

I hadn't laughed so hard in ages. I tried to feel a bit bad for her, I've been there - you like a guy but he doesn't feel the same way. But relly, she was just a little too keen.

However, as funny as this was, let this be a warning to us all. There are crazy people out there. And they might very well be our Facebook friends...

1 comment:

cindy lee said...

Thank you for sharing.I love this blog very much.Welcome to my own blog ugg outlet.In my blog,i will share many interesting thing such as UGG Classic Short Boots 5825.Ugg Bailey Button Boots 5803Ugg Dakota Moccasin Sandals