Monday, May 24, 2010

Happy 300th Post!!

Wow, 300 posts! I can't take much credit for this as I only started blogging last year, but congratulations to all!

So, let's talk smug marrieds.

I don't really know of any people my age who are married. The majority of people I know who are married are friends of my parents. Even at work there are very few people in the 'married' category. But this is soon(ish) to change. One of my closest friends is engaged and the wedding is being planned for a year in September. Excellent news. And I get to be bridesmaid. Even more excellent news. (I've been to 7 funerals in my life and 0 weddings. It's time for things to change.)

Here's the problem. I'm hearing an awful lot about weddings. Dresses, flowers, venues, guest lists, you name it. I've now started getting emails asking my opinion about venues- 'late bar' is my dealbreaker. I mean, I'm glad my opinion in being asked for but is this really going to go on for over a year? Because I may go crazy.

I am excited about it, really I am. It's just rubbing my face in my singletoness, which I am normally ok with, but sometimes I'm not and hearing about place settings doesn't help in these situations.

So I would like to say, in this 300th post that I am glad that while friends are getting engaged and debating between roses and lilies and chicken or salmon we here at WWBD? only need to debate between the karaoke kid and his roommate (for example)and vodka and wine.

Cheers! And here's to our 500th post!

2 comments:

Scarlet said...

I was just in one of my best and oldest friend's wedding. And Fenella I'm sorry to tell you, but yes this will go on for over a year. As the wedding gets closer your friend will start to stress. You will tie and glue ribbons. You will stuff envelopes. You will spend excessive amounts of money.

The good news? As depressing as it is to be a singleton at a wedding, when you see your friend and her new husband together it will give you hope. At least that was my experience, if not there is always the open bar...

Violet said...

300 posts? I didn't even notice. I'm clearly slacking lately. I promise to do better!