Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I've Lost My Muse

I'm trying really, really hard to think of something witty and funny and insightful and fantastic to blog about, but I'm having a hard time. I've lost my inspiration, my muse. I know exactly who to blame.

The Cute Neighbor.

Here's the thing: My writing is complete shit when I'm content. Fortunately for me, but unfortunately for WWBD? I've kind of got a really good thing going with the neighbor. I really, really don't want to fuck it up.

When I told Fen this, she said, "First of all, it's weird to hear you swear, and second of all, you won't fuck it up." Obviously I wouldn't intentionally fuck it up, but I have this old habit of putting up walls and being hard to read. Or so I've heard. I've actually heard the hard to read bit from everyone, including the cute neighbor. I'm working really hard to actually use my words and not clam up. I'm already improving.

The Cute Neighbor is out of town and has been for 5 days and will be for 5 more. I honestly can't wait for Sunday when he comes back. I may joke that it's because I've gone back to eating cereal and pasta for dinner when I've come accustomed to someone else preparing an elaborate meal straight from The Joy of Cooking made from scratch with fresh ingredients, but that's not it. I've just become so accustomed to going over the day with a fine-toothed comb with him when I get home from work. And that started long before I started spending the night.

So forgive, but for now, my muses- Anger, Frustration, and Confusion- have left me. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they stay for awhile.

No comments: