Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The power of cleavage

I would like to finally share with you a story of my weekend.

A friend from school was visiting me for the night. We settled in at a bar in which we approved of the atmosphere, the music, not to mention the median age of the clientele (very important!). We had two drinks while sitting at the bar, minding our own business, and talking exclusively to ourselves. We were considering heading home for the night when fresh drinks are placed in front of us and the bartender introduces himself and his coworker. These guys were not bad looking. They were also not young. I'd guess they were pushing 40. And one of them was married. But the liver wants what the liver wants, so we chatted and flirted our way into more free drinks and into the hearts of our 40-year-old bartenders. I have finally realized my lifelong dream of befriending bartenders! And this could never happen if you actually tried to make it happen!

At closing time they started kicking everyone out. Everyone but us. That's right, we stayed after hours with the bartenders. They let me behind the bar to sloppily replenish drinks. By 3:30 in the morning my friend couldn't stop giggling and I was getting bossy (FYI, I'm a bossy drunk). And then we did, probably the stupidest thing we could have done (no, not that). We let them drive us home. Rule #1 of any female: Never willingly get into a vehicle with strange men! Especially strange men that have spent the past 3 hours getting you wasted! Luckily, they dropped us off on my street, having no clue to which house was actually mine. We stumbled in, laughing, ridiculously proud of ourselves, and me holding a demo cd of one of the bartender's band (I'm attracting musicians like mad!). We had a blast! And then we promptly passed out.

While nursing hangovers the next morning we decided on two things. 1. Never willingly get into a vehicle with strange men ever again. And 2. I need to keep going to that bar and maintain a healthy relationship with those bartenders. Because these are two men that I really see myself having a future with.

No comments: