Monday, May 3, 2010

Sing me a song, Karaoke man

If there are any boys out there reading this (hey, it could happen), please make note, I am about to offer you the simplest advice on how to get girls to sleep with you:

Learn to play the guitar.

It is so hot. At least that's what I was thinking while sitting in the living room of the Karaoke kid while he and his roommate jammed out on Friday and Saturday night. As I fumbled along on the tambourine (which somehow I don't think has the same sex appeal), I couldn't help but think "Damnit, if it wasn't that time of the month he would so be getting lucky tonight." Actually the guitar playing was so hot I'd probably hook up with either of them. That's right, either of them.

So he rocks at Karaoke, plays and sings incredibly well on the guitar (apparently he frequents open mic nights), surely he has to be good at other things as well? Unfortunately I have yet to find out. After an innocent sleepover, KK and I walked to breakfast in the morning and back to my place. It was a gorgeous day on Saturday so we spent the rest of the morning sitting on my front porch with my roommates, watching the traffic and pedestrians, all the while he strummed my mom's old beat up guitar (and I thought it was unplayable...) making up songs that usually had something to do with sitting on a porch. He's good, and man do I love sitting around listening to someone play the guitar. Especially on a sunny porch. I think I may need to keep him around this summer. My roommate had the same not-so-subtle thought. "I like having you around, will you be G's summer fling?"

I believe his answer was a yes.

2 comments:

Fenella said...

A summer fling with a guy who plays the guitar? You're a lucky girl Grayer.

Violet said...

Lucky indeed. Fling away!