Thursday, December 23, 2010

2010 Resolutions Report Card: Grayer

As resolutions go, I couldn't get much worse than I did last year.  Here's my end of year report. 

I will...

-Get a Job. A real grownup full-time job that will allow me to pay bills and maybe even splurge on..cable. 
Check!  I've been working since March.  I have health insurance.  I pay income tax.  I am officially an adult, though, oddly enough, I still don't have cable.  A+

-Move somewhere Awesome to be at said job. I'm really looking forward to moving someplace new. Preferably someplace with cute boys. 
I moved to Boston.  It's pretty sweet. So are the boys.  A

- Meet people. Once in new place, I want to majorly meet people. To do this I vow to join Meetup groups and possibly even online date. I will be more social then ever before. 
I did meet people.  I even dated online.  Turns out the single friends I made turned out to be stupid smug singletons and the guy I met online turned out to be fuckwit.  But I made/am making an effort so hooray for me. A for effort.  D for quality work.

-Get more action. Same with Vi, this is our time, our time to LIVE. If I can remember the number of boys I make out with this year, I'll consider it a failure. 
So if I think about it enough I can remember the number of boys I've made out with, but all in all, it wasn't a bad year.  On the very down side, I let condoms expire.  Who does that?!?  C, I can only be disappointed in myself.

-Lose some weight. I realize this is a resolution cliche but grad school was not kind to me. I'm going to need to shed a few.  
I did lose a couple pounds.  Unfortunately I didn't do so until the last part of the year, but I did it.  B-

I will not...

-Have an imaginary/fictitious/mythical/pseudo relationship of any kind. I mean it this time. 
I'm very proud to say that once I ended my relationship with Conrad (the move helped), I haven't had any sorts of mythical relationships since.  Boo yeah.  B+ because it took me too long to just be friends with Conrad.

-Worry about guy/relationship but rather "go with the flow." If it's meant to be, it will be, no sense in worrying about it. 
I'd say I was awesome at this this year.  I was way more laid back about guys, and was much better at going with the flow, even when the flow didn't go my way.  A++

Cumulative GPA: 3.2  Winner of Most Improved.

1 comment:

Violet said...

Good for you! Well done! Gold star! So proud of you! Ok, I've run out of accolades.