Tuesday, December 22, 2009

I don't believe in resolutions: Grayer

Hmmm..so I did not live up to the stellar resoluting power of Violet. In my defense, I never said I believed in them in the first place. I just made them because everyone else was.

I will...

Graduate. A great big HOORAH for this one. I am officially a Master of Science in Microbiology (Can I get a whoop whoop!). It did take me longer than expected but I got it done with several weeks left in the year of 2009. Let us dwell on this achievement. 1 thousand million points

Learn to play the guitar. Last January I could successfully tab out On Top of Old Smokey. That was my greatest accomplishment and I haven't touched it since. This is a shame as I had many plans to woo many a men with my mad skillz and sultry singing voice. Oh well. 10 points (because Smokey was at least recognizable).

Meet friends outside of work. Although I've made many friends this year, they all are somehow related to work. On the bright side, at least I made friends outside of my department, and this is a very important step, although they are all still dorky scientists. 50 points

I will not...

Have any sort of imaginary/pseudo/fictitious/mythical relationship. Ooops. I did really well with this until Conrad showed up. At least this time I knew what I was getting myself into, and...well..ok that makes it worse. Negative 2 hundred thousand million points


Total points: ....like I said, I don't believe in resolutions...

Room for improvement.

1 comment:

Violet said...

wooop! wooop!

Maybe next year...