Wednesday, December 9, 2009

The Joy of Pistachio Ice Cream

For years, I didn't understand the point of "pistachio ice cream." It never really did anything for me. I mean, why have pistachio ice cream when chocolate is available?

Then last weekend, with the Dark Horse, I discovered what I had been missing. Turns out, really good pistachio ice cream can in fact be really good. Turns out that there is a difference between store brand pistachio ice cream and Haagen Daas pistachio ice cream.

I couldn't quite finish my ice cream, but I tried to buy the Dark Horse some ice cream for himself. He stopped me and told me I couldn't buy him any until I had finished all of mine. I was pretty stunned. I've never in my life met a man who insisted a girl finish her ice cream before he had any. Is this a new breed? Or have I stumbled onto one in a million? And does this put pressure on me to finish my ice cream?

No comments: