Friday, August 28, 2009

Not again

It's official, my inappropriate crush on my new coworker, Conrad, has turned into a full fledged and equally inappropriate--well, I don't really know what to call it. Let's put this simply, I like him like him. It seems it has nothing to due with him being fresh new hot man meat nor will it be going away anytime soon. We've hung out a lot since my realization a week ago, sometimes with other people, sometimes alone and each time is always flirty and fun.

Though I've obviously had a ton of fun with him on all of these occasions, I've noticed his presence has a strange reminiscence of my ex-Imaginary Boyfriend. Here's why:
  1. We work together. Obviously this complicates things, but at least this time, I'm not his superior.
  2. We keep quiet. No one in our department knows we've seen each other outside of work.
  3. Three's company. Conrad, 8-year-Lisa, and I seem to enjoy hanging out together just like the Imaginary Boyfriend, Lisa and I enjoyed hanging out together. I actually blame her for this crush as she's the one that invited him over in the first place.
  4. Fast-paced. Though nothing has happened (yet) the amount of time we've spent together has been occurring at an alarming rate (movies, dinner, Cranium, Oh My!), just like things did with the IB.
  5. Personalities. Though there are a ton of differences, Conrad and the IB have many things in common, things I am most attracted to (smart, funny, goofy, beard).
  6. Imminent departure. The IB left 3 months after it started. If this actually does start, I'll be leaving and doing the same.
As we here at WWBD? know, Imaginary Boyfriends are the Devil in human form. It would be extremely unforunate if I let a seemingly innocent and likable guy, such as Conrad, become the Devil. However, these similarities will not deter me from--well, whatever this is.

No comments: