Friday, August 21, 2009

What Would Bridget Do: Exam Edition

So I thought since Violet has a v. important test tomorrow that she may have been thinking to herself "What would Bridget do if she had a v. important test tomorrow?" Well here is my version of things...feel free to make up your own.

  1. Sign up for test. (Hoorah! You have completed this step! Move on to step 2.)
  2. Gather studying materials. (If you surround yourself by them maybe you will absorb information through osmosis.)
  3. Sit down to study.
  4. Correct flat feng shui as cannot study effectively without the right balance. Consult self help books re: feng shui.
  5. Check to see if you have miss any calls. Decide not to call Scarlet for hourly update because of v. important test.
  6. Consult multiple horoscopes till you find the one that tells you tomorrow is an excellent day for test taking.
  7. Really must study now!!
  8. Daydream about Duke Logan and the Highlander fighting over you in a soap opera type setting. (Make a note to revisit this daydream later.)
  9. Research methods of reducing test anxiety.
  10. Check to see if Scarlet called or emailed to report on latest date with MM.*
  11. Decide that studying is v. exhausting.
  12. Congratulate self on a productive evening of studying and go to bed. Afterall don't they always say the most important thing is that you are well rested?

*Note: Yes, I am still dating MM (Meetup Matt) and apart from a brief commitment phobe setback things are going quite well.

2 comments:

Violet said...

The feng shui of our apartment is so bad, I had to go to various other locales to get my studying done. Sadly, I did not meet any Colin Firth/Prince William/Mr. Darcy types wiling away an afternoon at the local book store (but did observe an awful lot of homeless people at the library...) so I guess I'll just have to settle for Highlander v. Duke fantasies.

And I did do research on exam strategies in that Fanella told me about a vitamin that reduces stress and anxiety. I took about four of them this morning :P

Grayer said...

Wow. I think this really is what Bridget would do. I would have sent Vi the perfect good luck gift. It was a High School Musical dog tag full of star shaped candy (I know right! you didn't think something so awesome could exist!). Sadly it was too late to send it anyways, but maybe next time!