Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Moving right along

I know you've been wondering, what ever happened to that Jonny Damon chap?  Well, let me tell you friends.  I'm still seeing him, he's still awesome, and he is still soooooo cuuuute.  Things are moving right along. 

  • After our 3rd date I was getting concerned by our PG rating.  Sure, kissing is fun, but what does a girl have to do to get some roaming hands action?! I had wasted time sexfoliating for nothing.  Cue clever comment, "Yeah, but I'm only trying to get into your pants", which thanks to my fluent sarcasm, he doesn't know if I'm being serious or not.  (Hint: I was being serious.  And it worked).  Let me tell you, if you think he looks cute in broad daylight, you should see how hot he looks when he's on top of me, with minimal lighting and ruffled hair.  Mmmmmmm.  
  • He asked me to go to a wedding with him.  A wedding that's a month away!! Cue the silent panicking.  Ok, so yes, I'm a commitment phobe and no, I do not like to make plans with a boy in that far of advance.  But he needed to know if he should RSVP for one or two and he just kept looking at me with beautiful blue eyes while I silently freaked out but he was still looking at me with those damn eyes so I said I would.  I feel like this is a big deal.   Isn't it a big deal?  The wedding is an hour away, it has an open bar, and I have since found out that we're staying at the hotel that night (in our own room).  Isn't this a big deal??  I asked some friends, one of which responded, "So what? Do you want him to go with someone else?"  No.  I do not want that.  I figure that if we're not seeing each other in a month, it will be his problem not mine.  And if we are seeing each other in a month, then I get to get drunk for free and get in his pants.  Score.
  • I met a couple of his friends the other night.  Luckily only two, as I tend to get very quiet when meeting a large group of people.  But they were really good friends of his, one of which is a girl (the long time girlfriend of his long time best friend/roommate).  I was nervous to meet the girl, because I am a girl and I know how girls can be.  They tend to be very picky about the girls their guy friends date.  They don't just judge her by her personality but also her clothes and hair and whatever else she can possibly judge.  All we went though.  They were both cool, funny, and Jonny Damon didn't act any differently in front of them.  The girl even friended me on Facebook almost immediately.  I guess that means she doesn't hate me.  Win.
  • Last night I spent the night at his house.  This is the first time we've seen each other on a weekday, and I have to say, I liked it.  This morning he made me breakfast, and even though he dropped the toast on the floor, it was still an excellent start to a very long drive home for the holiday.  In those 7 hours I didn't think to brush my hair.  In the first 7 minutes I was home, my mother comments on the "rats nest" that is in my hair. That's what you get for getting in somebody's pants.  

1 comment:

Violet said...

Have you learned nothing from Bridget Jones? ALWAYS do something with your hair before seeing your mother. If anyone's going to say something, it's going to be her.