Wednesday, November 3, 2010

How 'bout them apples

On Sunday I got a VIP tour of an apple orchard for my second date with the ever adorable Jonny Damon.  It was a great day to be outside, walk around the orchard/Christmas tree farm, eat apples right off the tree, and meet his family.  What the what?! you say?  Yep, I met his aunt and uncle, who own the orchard.  I met them for far longer then he intended.  I got a tour of their farmhouse and barn.  I even got to look through the cool old family stuff they had just pulled out of the attic.  I even got introduced as "My nephew Jonny Damon and his...fr...frrrriend???, Grayer."  (This made us look at each other and laugh).  I even got a free bag of apples (score!).  This premature meeting of the family didn't bother me.  JD's aunt and uncle are kind of awesome.  When we got back in the car I asked if we should just go meet his parents while we're at it.  "I like to save that for the third date" he says with a killer smile, looking at me for far to long to be safely driving.  Swoon.  Did I mention how cute he is?  Sooooo cuuuute

After the orchard we went back to his place.  It was Sunday after all, and that's Patriots day.  Of course, I was cool enough not to mind if we watched football all afternoon, because I really don't mind watching football.  But what really impressed him is my (limited) knowledge of the team.  Thanks, free subway paper that rarely covers anything other than Boston sports!  Although we watched the game, I honestly feel like he was paying more attention to me than the tv.  At half time we flipped to HGTV.  For dinner, he made me mac & cheese and Totino's pizza rolls and then we watched several episodes of Are You Afraid of the Dark?.  It's like he knows just what to do to impress me. 

I stayed pretty late that night, making it possibly one of the longest dates ever.  He had a pretty bad cold so getting a little cozy under his Patriots blanket was all that happened (although he did ask if I wanted to makeout right after every particularly phlegmy cough).  But when he walked me to my car I really wanted to kiss him.  So I did.  And when I'm calling in sick with a bad cold later this week, I still won't regret it. 

1 comment:

Violet said...

He sounds awesome. Me thinks somebody's going to have a harder time staying single than they originally thought...