Sunday, October 31, 2010

Happy Halloween

Yesterday I went on a costume pub crawl.  It started at 1 pm.  Do you know how many people are dressed up for Halloween at 1 pm? No one.  Do you know how many people stared at/talked about me, in full costume, as I rode the subway alone at 1 pm?  Everyone.  Everyone stared at the zombie schoolgirl smeared in fake blood.  An Asian tourist took a picture of me.  One guy even asked me if I was ok, and I don't think he was joking. 

The costume crawl was a blast.  It's always fun to see guys in costumes, and then girls in slutty versions of those costumes.  My friends and I decided Halloween may be the easiest night of the year to meet someone.  You have an instant icebreaker when you go to caress that chicken, feel that guys grapes or punch a muppet in the head, just to see if he feels it.  Yep, those are all effective icebreakers.

Today I'm going to Jonny Damon's house and then we're going to an apple orchard that his family owns.  Isn't that the cutest date ever?! If only this fake blood would come off...

1 comment:

Violet said...

Compared to most of the slutty costumes out there, I'm pretty mild, but I do admit to going for more cleavage and a shorter skirt than normal for Halloween.

Yes, Halloween is tailor-made for singles. There is simply no better day of the year to get out there and meet people. Even people who are not single get numbers. The cute neighbor got a "citation" from a woman pretending to be a police officer, and didn't notice until the next day that she had written her number on the ticket. To make sure it didn't go straight to his head, I reminded him that he was one of maybe 5 straight men at the party.